Monday, December 14, 2009

A Message from Mom 12/14/09

Dear family and friends,

I've been thinking of how you have prayed for me and I want you to know I appreciate each of you with all my heart.

I hope you will continue, and feel encouraged.

This surgery has been a tough one, but I had a very good surgeon and wonderful care at home with Warren and friend Sandy taking care of me and keeping up at home.

This has been a test on my faith, not that Jesus didn't love or hear me, but that He may have another plan for me other than healing now.

I have thought a lot about my own Mom dying at age 47 and wrote out my plans for my funeral. I would get up at night so as not to discourage Warren.

I had two sick days that were very dark and just felt like crying all day. Warren was reading a book called "Faith Hunt". It was written by a hunter and told of his hunting stories and his own faith stand. Warren and I were alone one evening and he shared with me his own faith stand for my complete healing. He reminded me that our grandson had been near death as an infant for months in IICU at Children's hospital. We pleaded with God to heal our baby grandson even though the Dr.'s said it was completely impossible. Brittain got to come home, though he was not healed instantly.

He was on 18 oral meds a day and on i.v. meds for 23 hours a day. Kimberly and Brian took care of him around the clock. He was uncomfortable and yet God WAS healing him day by day. The Dr.'s today, find that his once damaged heart is fine, and Brittain is a strong,bright,wonderful young man. He is our own reminder that God hears and cares.

I realized the dark feelings and doubt that was creeping in were not coming from God, but had crept in while I was weak and vulnerable.

Talking with Warren bolstered my faith and I had a heart talk with Jesus.
I asked Him for complete healing. I told Him I would not doubt even though it may take a while before we hear this cancer is gone.

My health and attitude have turned a corner. I still have pain, but I am getting stronger. My outlook is good and I am so glad Warren is trusting with me.

Christmas is such a wonderful time when God came to earth and became flesh in the form of a small baby. He did this so that as a man He would give us the ultimate gift of forgiveness through His death and resurrection, restoring us to God the father.

We wish you all a most wonderful Christmas, and a Happy New Year to you and your families.

Luke 18:35-43
A blind man was brought to Jesus. Jesus asked him "What do you want me to do for you"?

"Lord, I want to see", he replied. Jesus said "Receive your sight,YOUR FAITH has healed you". Immediately he received his sight"!

Mathew 9:20
A woman who had been sick for 12 years touched the hem of Jesus' cloak believing that a mere touch of his robe would heal her. Jesus turned and saw her, saying
"Take heart daughter, your faith has healed you"!

Today, I am also taking heart,and trusting in the Lord for His healing touch.

We love you all,

Ladeva and Warren

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ladeva,

We all hope for your healing!! There will be dark days and then sunny days of love and laughter.

Since my dad died this year I too have had some dark days and hope these will lessen with time.

We love you, God bless you and Merry Christmas to you and ours friend!!

Love,

Deb

Mickey and Jeanne said...

What can I say? Just that I love you with all my heart.... you and Warren both - and I know that all of this is part of the Master's Plan. I still say to you daughter of God, He has allowed this trial and dark time because He knew you in your Mother's womb, and the plans He has had for you include your TREMENDOUS and SINCERE testimony and trust and faith in Him. Great is your reward Ladeva. The people who will be touched because of this part of your journey and come to accept Jesus as savior will say when we stand before the throne... Thank you Lord for your son Jesus Christ, and thank you Lord for Ladeva and Warren and their strength and trust in Jesus. I'm gonna be right there Deva... waiting to hear God pronounce WELL DONE THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT, ENTER IN........... WE love you so much....... him & me

Anonymous said...

HELLO TO MY SWEET LITTLE SISTER. YOU ARE MY SISTER TWICE.ONCE BY FAMILY AND THEN BY BEING MY SISTER IN CHRIST.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY I CAN COME AND SEE YOU. I HAVE A COLD RIGHT NOW.SOME THING YOU DO NOT NEED.
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYER MANY TIME IN A DAY.I WISH I WAS BETTER AT WRITING THINGS DOWN.
HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.
LOVE FROG

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you're rallying through these hard times. We love you SO MUCH!

Brian, Britt, and Paris